Hostel Admission Guidelines
A student seeking accommodation in the hostel is required to fill a separate admission form. The form, duly filled in, must be signed by the parents/ guardians .The following documents should be attached with the admission form :
- Certificate of the previous class passed
- Character certificate from the institution last attended
- Two photographs (Passport size) each of father/ mother & local guardian for making identity cards for them to facilitate their entry in the college
- Certificate of medical fitness
- College admission receipt
As there are limited seats in the hostel, the candidates are advised to come for personal interview and admission on the day the admission opens. Admission to the hostel will be made on 'first-cum-first-served' basis. However, merit students will be given preference. Students suffering from chronic diseases like Asthma, TB, Hysteria, Heart ailment and the like will not be admitted. Any wrong declaration will result in the cancellation of hostel seat. The Principal is the final deciding authority for admission to the hostel.
Guardians/ Visitors and Visiting Hours
- A list of visitors who may be permitted to visit their ward and the local guardians whom the student may visit at their house should be submitted by the parents at the'time of admission. A maximum of three names (including that of local guardian) are allowed. Specimen signatures of the visitors along with two copies of theirphotographs duly attested by the parents/ guardians should also be supplied to the Principal .Documents sent through the student or any other person except the parents or guardians will not be accepted. No visitor is allowed to see the ward without the
identity card. The Principal may however, at her discretion disallow a person named in the list or any one accompanying the visitor to visit the student. Any other restriction which parents may desire to impose on their ward may be notified at the time of admission.
- No boarder will be allowed to stay out for a night without the written request of her parents. She must present the gate pass issued by the warden when she leaves the hostel.
- A boarder may spend a day or weekend after an interval of I5 days with the local guardian/relative whose name is given in the visitors list provided by the parents. In no case, will she be allowed to go alone unescorted.
- When permitted to leave the premises, the student must sign the register maintained for the purpose and must return to the hostel not later than 5.00pm in winter and 6.00 Pm In summeer.
- No visitor/ guest is allowed to stay overnight in the college premises.
- Two photographs of all visitors must be supplied at the time of admission for making their identity cards.
- Students cannot act as local guardians of the boarders.
- VISITING DAYS ONLY SATURDAYS AND SUNDAYS
- VISITING HOURS ON SATURDAYS 2.00 PM TO 6.00 PM
- VISITING HOURS ON SUNDAYS 9.00 AM TO 6.00 PM
PARENTS/ GUARDIANS ARE REQUESTED TO OBSERVE THE TIMINGS STRICTLY.
NO VISITOR WILL BE ALLOWED TO ENTER THE COLLEGE PREMISES WITHOUT HIS/HER IDENTITY CARD TO SEE THE WARD DURING COLLEGE HOURS OR NON VISITING DAYS.
For Special Attention of Parents/Guardians
- Though adequate security checks are provided by the institution, still if any boarder leaves the campus, breaking the rules of the institution or tricking the authorities, the institution will not be held responsible for it. If any mis-happening occurs while misusing electricity or any other act of indiscipline of any boarder leading to a mishap, the responsibility will lie on the parents/guardians of the defaulter. The authorities may even expel her from the hostel or college if she does not abide by the rules.
- Kindly don't encourage your ward to visit her local guardians frequently.
- Kindly don't disturb your ward during college hours in the interest of her studies.
- A visitor can meet a boarder only once a week.
- Parents are advised to strictly observe the visiting hours.
Instructions For Boarders
- Bring full bedding (Mat, Bed-sheet, Pillow, Bed cover)
- Room curtains
- Table cloth
- Bucket and Mug
- Candle/ Torch
- Keeping jewellery , electric appliances and cash
- Use of drugs and alcohol in any form
- Damaging college property
- RAGGING IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED IN THE COLLEGE. Students known for indulging in ragging would not be given admission while those found ragging their juniors would be expelled from the college as well as the hostel.
- HOSTEL STUDENTS MUST ABIDE BY THE RULES OF THE HOSTEL. IN CASE OF ANY VIOLATION DEFAULTER WILL BE FINED BY THE AUTHORITIES AS PER RULES. DISCIPLINARY ACTION MAY ALSO BE TAKEN AGAINST HER.
1. Sanction of leave should be obtained personally before it is availed of on a prescribed leave application form.
2. Boarders are allowed to go home only after 21 days and must return to the hostel immediately after the exhaustion of sanctioned leave to avoid any loss in studies.
3. No student will be allowed to go home in the middle of the term. In case her presence at home is considered absolutely necessary on teaching days, the parents should seek permission in writing from the Principal.
4. Hostel students should reach one day before the re-opening of the college after vacation.
5. Leave application should be sent directly to the Principal in advance, to avoid any inconvenience later on.
Parents/ Guardians are requested to ensure compliance of the hostel rules by their wards.